Sunday, December 13, 2015

Advent Calendar!

The "official" 12 Days of Christmas begins today. Can you believe Christmas is only 12 days away?
Here is our version of an advent calendar that focuses more on memories made than full tummies.
Enjoy!


This year I purchased 12 Christmas plaid drawstring bags from Target's dollar spot and filled each with a goodie, activity or gift card to help us countdown to Christmas. I don't number my bags, but you totally can if you want. The reason I don't is so that I can be just as surprised as everyone else when we pick out what we will do that day.


My daughter was a little nervous so Hubby took one for the team and sat on Santa's lap.


Here are the 12 ideas I came up with this year:
(Items with a green "$" next to it mean it was found in the dollar spot section of Target)

1. A can of instant snow ($), snowman kit and frosty movie.
2. Frozen's Elsa figurine.
3. Reindeer hand puppet ($) to represent watching Rudolph.
4. Santa hand puppet ($) to represent watching a Santa movie.
5. Christmas M&M minis ($).
6. Go Fish! Playing cards ($).
7. Rudolph claymation finger puppets.
8. Starbucks gift card for hot chocolate.
9. Sprinkles ($) and cookie cutter ($) for sugar cookie baking.
10. A mini terra cotta pot filled with seedlings for a pine tree ($).
11. Christmas Jelly Belly's ($).
12. Christmas Kit Kat minis.

I purchased everything from Target. Mostly from their dollar spot section. 
I hope this list of ideas helped, but make it your own. 
Personalize it with activities you think your family would love.
Most importantly have fun & document Document DOCUMENT! Christmas memories are the best to capture on film :)



Our 12 Days of Christmas segment is officially over. Check in with us regularly as I will be posting Younique tutorials and much more!





No comments:

Post a Comment