Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Pretty Patriotism

The Forth of July is right around the corner!
How to look pretty and patriotic without looking like you belong on a float in the parade...



 I will be seeing a lot of family from out of town that I don't often get to visit with this weekend.
I like to look nice and dressed up for the occasion so they remember me in a positive light, lol!
I decided to wear jeans with a light sweater as I find it transitions well from an afternoon BBQ through late night firework displays.

 I found the perfect balance between being playfully festive and stylish.
What I have noticed is that when I try to incorporate all three colors: red, white & blue to my outfit it looks a bit hokey... and you never want to look like you're trying too hard.
This year I decided to stick with two of the colors and pair them with a pleasant neutral.
(I have red hair... so maybe I did end up incorporating all 3 colors anyway)!














(Photo Cred: B. Campbell)

Shown Above:
Top: Nordstrom Rack // Bottoms: Articles of Society  // Shoes: DSW // Earrings: Charming Charlie
// Sunglasses: Macy's



I hope this has helped to inspire your Fourth of July outfit. 
I hope you have a great holiday weekend!




What are your plans for the holiday? Do you go out and watch a fireworks display or do you put on your own? I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment