Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Shift & Sheath Dresses: 101

Shift & Sheath Dresses: 101
Commonly Asked Question



One question I am often asked:
What is the difference between a shift dress and a sheath dress?

Both are simple dresses that typically come down to the knee or slightly above. 
Sheath dresses are form fitting and curve hugging.
Shift dresses lay straight on the waist and hips. 
Both styles are beautiful.


I typically wear sheath dresses as I prefer clothing that is form fitting.
However, while shopping at the Banana Republic Outlet a few weeks ago, I came across a beautiful shift dress I just had to own. I received compliments on it from ladies in the dressing room, in line and even at the counter. The girl helping me out was like, "Uh.. This must be new. I want one. Where in the store did you find this?"

Good sign.

It is a simple way to look polished without much effort. 
I love how it can be made to look carefree with studded earrings and flats or posh with pointed toe heels and a fancy up-do. 











(Photo Cred: B. Campbell)

Shown Above:
Dress: (discontinued, similar) // Shoes: Steve Madden at DSW // Earrings: DSW 
// Bracelet: (old, discontinued) // Necklace: (old, similar)
**Nail polish is one of my "Summer at your Fingertips" Top 5 Summer Shades. Find out which one here.


Until next time!




Do you have any fashion questions? I would love to hear from you. Leave a comment below!








3 comments: