Friday, June 26, 2015

My "Everyday" Makeup Routine

Some of you have been wanting to know my 
"Everyday" Make up Routine.
Well, here it is:


Before I do anything, I always wash my face. Even if you've washed your face the night before, oils and sweat can accumulate onto the skin during the night. You want to treat your face like a piece of art. You need a blank slate. After I've washed my face, I apply a thin layer of Clinique Moisture Surge. This helps to prevent foundation from caking onto any dry patches on your skin.

For me the most important thing is full face coverage. As a fair-skinned redhead, I am prone to patchiness. I am able to skimp out of many high-priced beauty products but foundation and a compressed powder are two things I always "splurge" on. Five years ago I was introduced to Clinique Super Balanced Collection. My shade is Alabaster, but you should visit a Clinique counter to find your perfect shade. I always finish off my coverage with Clinique Stay Matte: Stay Buff Compressed Powder. It helps to set the foundation and prevent your makeup from melting on a hot Summer day.




While my foundation and compressed powder are setting I begin to work on my eyes.
I curl my lashes with a Revlon lash curler. I apply two coats of Bare Mineral Flawless Definition.
Then I apply a thin layer of Clinique Chubby stick eyeshadow in Bountiful beige. I start at the brow bone and sweep it on as close to the lash line as I can.




I use an angled eyeshadow brush to apply a dark coat of Lancome Successorize Eye Shadow to the base of my lashes in place of eyeliner ??!!!??? I feel it gives a more relaxed and subtle look. Then, I use an eyeshadow brush to sweep Lancome All That Brightens (Lustrous) Eyeshadow to the outside corners of my lid. 

Next, I sweep Lancome Shimmer Plum Affaire Blush over the apples of my cheeks. I don't put too much on when I am just going out to run errands for the day. I may apply more if I will be going somewhere that will be dim lit, like a gastro pub or a show. Afterwards, I lightly sweep a bronzer over the "T-Zone" and any other spots that light would naturally hit my face.





Lastly, I apply a Lancome or Clinique lipstick. My current obsession is Lancome's Curtain Call Sheen. It is a bold deep wine color that is beautiful and powerful.

This usually takes me about 5-8 minutes start to finish. If I have a bit more time, I'll add more dimensions to my eye make-up and do a more nude lip for balance.


I hope this has been helpful. Do something fun this weekend!




Have you found the descriptions and photos helpful? Would you like to see a video tutorial next time? I'd love your input. Leave a comment below!





No comments:

Post a Comment