Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Blank Slate: White on White

Black on Black is a Fall and Winter staple.
Summer 2015: White on White.

Not that I have ever followed the rule, but Memorial Day has marked the "official" date which okays wearing white again. It seems as though even designers are craving a blank slate as the White on White trend will be exploding this Summer.
Mark my words.

 As a fair skinned girl, I love white clothing. It gives people something to compare my skin to, so they're left thinking 

"Hmm, she's not that pale. She was a teeny tiny shade darker than her stark white shorts."

For a casual look I wanted to embrace the White on White trend, while also putting my own spin on it. I decided to pair a basic white tee and cropped jeans with a splash of gold for a fun first attempt.

(Yes, "Take Me to Church" by Hozier has been on my mind throughout the entirety of  this writing process... ha!)











Shown Above:

Top: American Apparel  // Jeans: Calvin Klein // Shoes:  Steve Madden with DSW
// Earrings: Dillards (Sold out!)


For my second look, I wanted to show how you can elevate the style and venue of the White on White trend by coupling a beaded satin shirt with an intricate lace skirt. I accessorized my outfit with a pair of strappy white wedges which carried through a fun and flirty vibe.









(Photo Cred: B. Campbell)

Shown Above:

Top: Nordstrom Rack, old. (similar) // Skirt: WHBM (discontinued, similar) // Shoes: Charlotte Russe (sold out, similar)  // Bracelet:  Charming Charlie


White on White is a crisp and polished look which has the ability to make a lasting impression. Whether it be in the work force, casual life or the night scene; I wouldn't be shocked if the Little White Dress soon gave the LBD a run for its money!



Do you follow the Labor Day/ Memorial Day "Rules of White"? 
What do you think about the White on White trend? Do you plan on trying it?
I would love to hear from you, leave a comment below!


No comments:

Post a Comment