Friday, June 5, 2015

Pineapple Sparkler & Yellow Shorts

Show me someone who doesn't love pineapple or the color yellow-- and I will show you a weirdo. 
Just kidding! More pineapple for me :p


Yellow is a prevailing color this season.
I love Yellow. Yellow is carefree, fun and cheery.
It's no secret that I am fair skinned so finding the right tone of yellow can be a bit difficult.
I found these yellow shorts at Buckle from the Jessica's Simpson line. I love them because they are are not too bright, neither are they muted.

If you're not sure how to jump on the yellow "band wagon" quite yet-- I completely understand.
Start small with a scarf or jewelry. Then maybe branch out to a sandal or tote bag.
Then (the big guns) a cropped pant, top or a high-low sundress!
Baby steps!




This drink is incredible. I can honestly tell you that pineapple is in my "Top Five" list of favorite things in life. The Pineapple Sparkler is the perfect balance of sweet and tanginess. Unlike the Miami Vice recipe found here, you simply toss all of the ingredients in the blender and Voila!


I give you the,
Pineapple Sparkler

2 cups pineapple juice
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup cream of coconut
12 oz sparkling water
1 1/2 cup ice

1. Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until all ice is crushed.
2. Garnish with a pineapple slice, lime wedge or mint.
3. Dip your toes in the pool and chill out!









(Photo Cred: B. Campbell)

Shown Above:
Top: Eddie Bauer  // Shorts: Jessica Simpson sold at Buckle // Shoes: old  // Earrings: DSW 
// Bracelet: Charming Charlie  


Get out of your comfort zone and try something new this weekend!



Let me know what you think of the Pineapple Sparkler. I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment below!



No comments:

Post a Comment