Wednesday, January 6, 2016

New Year's Style // Winter 2016 Trends

Let's take a look at Winter 2016 predicted trends. What will you try?



Hi everyone! Obviously I love fashion. Therefore, it has been so fun researching the predicted fashion trends for the Winter 2016 season. Fashion is not about reinventing yourself- it's about becoming your most stylish self. I love taking risks so I am attempting to translate that more into my everyday style. More important than being fashion current (while that is certainly commendable) is being fashion forward. By taking risks I will attempt some looks that will ultimately be duds... but hey, you only live once.

;)


I am obsessed with my cream colored oversized knit sweater from shein.com
The bag featured in the above photo can be found in my "Polished on the Go" post by clicking here.


Here are four Winter 2016 trends you should be wearing, like yesterday:


Shown Above: Turqouise Dress


1. The "It" colors this season are easily found in nature such as claret (shown below), burnt orange, mustard seed, kale, turquoise and raisin (purple-brown). I am looking forward to attempting all of the colors (maybe not yellow-as yellow tends to make my fair skin look corpse-like). I am a down-to-earth girl so I'm ecstatic that this earthy tones will be full throttle this year.


Shown Above: Claret- colored Oversized Sweater


2. Big Easy. This basically encompasses what I refer to as "Grandma Chic." Exaggerated oversized chunky sweaters, turtlenecks, duster jackets and cardigans. The more muted the color- the better. Think your greys, creams, nudes and any color on the color wheel but extremely muted. I love this style because it's incredibly warm, cozy and comfortable.





3. Lingerie by Day. Many of the looks hitting the runway lately look like someone left the house in their boudoir outfits and just paired it with heels and a trench coat. If that's not happening for you (I know I would feel uncomfortable) simply take the concepts of lace, silks, sexy wrap dresses and tousled hair with fresh face makeup. Incorporate the details of those styles into your wardrobe to achieve a similar sultry look without feeling exposed.





4. Art Class. 2016 fashion embraces vibrant colors, geometric shapes, flowy fabric and encourages the mixing of prints. Think abstract or impressionism inspired clothing. To me, the simple fact that this is a trend this Winter 2016 shows me that this year is a year to have fun and take risks.




I am so excited to wear these trends and see if any feel right to incorporate into my personal style. Which ones will you try?! Leave a comment below I would love to hear from you!

2 comments:

  1. The lingerie trend is kinda fun! :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have to try it! I've incorporated bits and pieces but I want to really embrace it!

      Delete