Sunday, January 17, 2016

12 Months to a Better YOU! January // Drink More Water

12 Months to a Better YOU! 
January // Drink More Water



While pinterest-ing (that's a word, right?) I found a fun article called "12 Months to a Better You." The article outlines 12 goals to attain one at a time each month. I loved the idea because I think oftentimes I become so overwhelmed by the concept of New Year's resolutions. I think sometimes we set ourselves up for failure before we even start by attempting to attack our resolutions all at once..
I plan on following the article's outline and wanted to share it with you so that you can do the same if you are interested. To find the original article, click here.

January's Goal // Drink More Water.

I suffered a lot during my pregnancy because I wasn't in the habit of drinking plenty of water. I had a lot of headaches, fatigue and nausea that I'm sure would have been preventable if I was already in the habit of drinking more water. I know you know that drinking water is super important.
I'm not your momma so I'm not going to lecture you about it...
 but you should drink it. A lot of it.


Water :
Makes your skin glow.
Prevents headaches.
Flushes bacteria & toxins.
Alleviates joint pain.
Helps you to lose weight.
Helps with concentration.
Makes you less cranky/agitated.
Some studies even suggest that drinking the proper amount of water can prevent certain cancers.
Lastly, without it you will literally die. That's a good reason for me, lol!

Some Tips :

1 // Drink half of your body weight in ounces of water daily. (If you weigh 120 lbs, drink 60 oz of water daily).

2 // Carry a bottle of water with you EVERYWHERE as a friendly reminder. 

3 // Eat a lot of raw fruits and veggies. They are densely packed with water. You don't have to get your hydration from liquids.

4 // Drink water until you are urinating frequently and peeing a light yellow color. TMI? Get over it.


Don't forget to click on the link to see more articles from getsmartmix.com. 




What do you think about the 12 Months to a Better You Challenge? Will you participate? Need some encouragement? Leave a comment below and we will support each other. I know we are already super awesome, but by this time next year we will be even awesome-er (okay, that's definitely not a word). Until next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment