Thursday, October 29, 2015

Spicy Quinoa Salad Bowl

This Spicy Quinoa Salad Bowl is super delicious.
Make it in just a few easy steps with ingredients you probably already have around the house!





During my recent trip to my hometown in upstate New York, I discovered a delicious restaurant named Core in Liverpool. They served salads, rice and quinoa bowls and broth soups. Basically the type of food you crave after a great workout. I'm not ashamed to tell you that I ate there 2-3 times a week during my month and a half hiatus.
I only regret I didn't eat there MORE!


So yesterday, as I racked my brain in front of the fridge trying to come up with a simple and tasty dinner solution... It hit me! Why couldn't I make one of those delicious quinoa salad bowls?!
Here is the recipe:







Spicy Quinoa Salad Bowl


You will need:
- 2 cups chicken broth (vegetable broth for a vegetarian option)
- 1.5 cups quinoa
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cayenne powder
- 2 handfuls of spring mix salad
- one carrot
- 1/2 cup black beans (from a can)
- 1/4 cup cilantro 
- 1 avocado 
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- dollop of sour cream
- dollop of garlic hummus

What to do:
1. In a small sauce pan, at medium heat, fill pan with your chicken (or vegetable) broth. Season the broth with garlic, chili and cayenne powder. Immediately after put rinsed quinoa into the pan. Cover and let simmer until liquid has gone.

2. While your quinoa mixture is simmering wash and peel your carrot, rinse and warm your black beans, chop your cilantro, dice your avocado, slice your cherry tomatoes.

3. Once your quinoa is cooked, filled a single serving bowl with a handful of spring mix, arrange your toppings in sections around the outer edge of the bowl. Place your quinoa in the center and place a dollop of sour cream and hummus on top. 

4. Enjoy your deliciously healthy meal!



Thank you for following me and for your support. It makes me feel so great when I hear from readers that they look forward to my posts. Blogging is a difficult task, but you guys make it more than worth it! Stay tuned for more fashion and lifestyle posts.

If you aren't already doing so, follow me on instagram @xoxorachelleblog and on my FB page, link found here.



No comments:

Post a Comment