Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Get the Look: Ash Brown Smoky Eye

I have been testing out vampy and sultry looks for my Halloween costume this weekend.
Want to achieve this beautiful golden/ashy brown smokey eye?
Read on to find out what products I used.






Primer // E.l.f Mineral Eyeshadow Primer
I have always used Urban Decay primer, but decided to give this one a try. It works fairly well, especially considering I can purchase 6 of these for the same price as one Urban Decay primer.
It is great at camouflaging creases and (in my personal experience) lasts up to 8 hours! 

Highlighter Shadow // Lorelei Extra Dimension Eye Shadow
The great thing about this eye shadow is that it doubles as a face highlighter if yours goes MIA. I have used it to highlight my cupid's bow and to define contour lines.


Matte Shadow // MAC Satin Toupe Eyeshadow
I am obsessed with MAC shadows. I especially love their matte shades. They are definitely a little pricey. However, worth every penny. E.l.f has some great alternatives however, so if you're in Target go browse the cosmetic aisles.

Contour Shadow // MAC Embark Eyeshadow
I cannot emphasize how much I love mac shadows. Your contour shadow should be no more than 3 shades darker than your skin tone. If you have a brown shadow that you'd like to use that is darker than three shades, use it in place of the matte black shadow (spoken about below).

Matte Black Shadow // Maybelline Metal Black Eyeshadow
I typically use the black shadow to create a backwards "Mini C" at the outer corner of my eye. I then use a cosmetic sponge or my pinkie finger to blend.

Eyeliner // Maybelilline NY Eye Studio Master Precise Black Eyeliner
If you have pale skin like me, sometimes the black liner can seem a bit harsh. If that is the case you can always try a dark brown eyeliner in place of black.

Mascara // Too Faced Better than Sex Mascara
So, yeah, maybe the name is a bit risque... but it works amazingly well. I save it for special occasions (a bottle is $29 for .30 ounces) but whenever I wear it people ask me where I get my eyelash extensions done. If you think of it that way, these are the cheapest falsies you'll ever get!





I'm thinking about substituting the ash brown with an emerald green shade. Can you tell who I am going to be for Halloween? Leave a comment below with your guess. There may or may not be a special prize to the person who gets it right!

No comments:

Post a Comment