Sunday, May 17, 2015

What to Pack this Memorial Day Weekend

Learn how to mix and match pieces to create looks that are distinct & polished while leaving room in your suitcase for the important things-- souvenirs!


So you've locked down your plans, you've stocked up your cooler and you've gathered some friends... now it's time to pack some adorable outfits for your incredible three day weekend!

Don't you just love the tranquil hue of mint green?





I absolutely loathe packing necklaces, they always get tangled together. I usually wear one on the plane and pack one in my bag. I try to incorporate sparkle into other aspects of my outfit. 
These jade and bronze sandals add the perfect amount of shimmer, don't you think?




(Photo Cred: B.Campbell)


TOP: Banana Republic (similar) //  SHORTS: American Eagle // SHOES: Nordstrom rack (similar jade coloring) // JEWELRY: NY& Co. (items discontinued)

Whenever I visit California in the Spring, my go-to outfit is a sweater paired with shorts. Especially if I'm traveling along the coastline as the weather can be quite bipolar! Although I'd love to bring my entire room with me on my vacation (Oh my, wouldn't that be awesome?!?) I do try to pack items that will be easy to mix and match to accommodate all possible weather conditions.


Now for the fun part! Here are the 8 items we will be working with to create 7 distinct and polished looks:


SHORTS: F21 (similar)
PANTS: White House Black Market





SWEATER: Urban Outfitters



CARDIGAN: F21 


TUNIC: BB Styled 


CLUTCH: Shop Golden Closet


SHOES: Shiekh


JEWELRY: Nordstrom




Mix & Match!


Headed to the beach or pier:




For a chic day at the local market or music festival:

or


partially tucked into 

                                                     
For an elegant dinner:




If it's slightly chilly add a cardigan:


If your headed to the movies or mini golf:

or
paired with


and

This just goes to show you don't need to pack your entire closet to look glamorous on your next vacation. Have fun and stay safe this Memorial Day weekend!




Do you have any tips or tricks for keeping your packing to a minimum while leaving more room for the essentials? I'd love to hear them, leave a comment below!












2 comments:

  1. I always pack way too much when I travel. For some reason, I always end up bringing an outfit for everyday I'm gone +1, just in case... This can be quite the space problem, especially when I'm gone for a week or more. I honestly don't know what I think is going to happen. Perhaps I will fall into a hidden mud puddle every single day, and if I didn't bring the extra clothes, I'd have to fly home naked!!! Who knows!!!

    But those are some great ideas. Bring variety rather than quantity to change things up. I'll have to try that on my next trip!

    Thanks xoxoRachelle!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^ @nickplatt I'm glad I'm not the only one! I always pack tons because I wear clothes based on the way I feel. I don't want to feel trapped so I bring my entire closet! Thanks for the comment. You're the best!

      xoxo,
      Rachelle

      Delete