Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Look for the Silver Lining: A Rocker Chic Look

Rocker Chic Style. Unleash your inner Kate Moss.
Your wild side will thank you 
;)

When my husband and I were dating, one of our favorite things to do was attend local shows.
Our goal was to find the dinkiest venue and watch unknown bands perform.
Some of those bands have gone on to become quite successful!

Would you believe it if I told you we saw Grouplove open for Foster The People for only $5? 

After having our daughter, it has been a bit harder to attend shows. There aren't very many people who are willing to sacrifice a Friday or Saturday night...
I can't say that I blame them! 
However, we were able to snag a babysitter last Friday and finally got out to a show!
Hallelujah!

I love dressing "Rocker Chic." 
I love mixing basic staples with edgy fashion pieces that get people wondering,

"Is she in the band?!?"

Okay. Okay. Okay.
I know for a fact that no one has ever thought that... 
But, a girl can dream of being that cool can't she?!




I found this awesome "Look for the Silver Lining" Black and White tee (shown below) at the 
Banana Republic Factory and I had to make it mine.
(Apparently, I wasn't the only one because I bought mine three days ago and now it's SOLD OUT!)

I like to wear it to remind myself that life can get tough, real tough. But, if you are looking for the silver lining, you can always find it!




I love to don as much fur, sparkle, glam and height (oh heels, how I love thee!!) as physically possible.
Hey, it can be dark in there!
You've gotta do something BIG to stand out amongst the crowd.
I channeled my inner Kate Moss and decided to pair my rocker tee with black skinnies and a spunky fur vest.




Now, for my favorite part of this outfit-- the shoes!
You cannot tell me you haven't fallen in love with these shoes.
Cherry on top? These beautiful babes are (surprisingly) comfortable.




Other Ways to Incorporate Rocker Chic to Your Wardrobe:

- Leather Leggings
- Motorcycle Boots and Jacket
- Fringe
- Studded Clutch or Tote
- Black Ankle Strap Stilettos
- The Ever Sexy, Smokey Eye
- Dark Nails (skip black to avoid a "gothic" vibe and go for a beautiful deep Burgundy or Plum)

&&&

- Bracelets (shown below)
Don't be shy. The more the merrier!




But don't forget that the sexiest thing you can wear is: CONFIDENCE! 

Own what you do. 
Own what you wear.
Own who you are.
You. Are. Fierce.




Shown Above:
Top: Banana Republic Outlet (Sold Out!) // Jeans: Pac Sun // Fur Vest: H&M (similar)
// Shoes: Nordstrom Rack (similar) // Earrings:  Culture Taste // Bracelets: Charming Charlies;  Purple Charm (similar) and Bangles: (Sold out!)
(Photo Cred: B. Campbell)




What is the coolest show you have ever been to? What about it made it so memorable? I would love to hear from you, leave a comment below!



-










No comments:

Post a Comment