Thursday, May 21, 2015

This Summer, Dare to be Red Hot

Incorporating red hot shades into your wardrobe. Ignore the voice in your head that says, "You can't pull that off!" You might be surprised at the compliments you'll receive when you get out of your comfort zone.

As a redhead, I grew up hearing I wasn't supposed to wear red. It wasn't my color-- and unless I was Julia Roberts... I couldn't pull it off.
For those of you non-redheads... can you imagine completely eliminating this stunning bold color from your wardrobe?! Although it has been a work in progress-- I have turned a corner and I must say, I'm glad I did. I love wearing all different shades of red. I can't believe I omitted red items from my closet for so long.

I absolutely adore this red Jacquard skirt. There is just something so elegant and chic about it. Whenever I slip it on, I feel as though I'm transported to a Parisian picnic in the park. I've worn it several times and believe it or not-- I got compliments on how great it looked even though I'm *gasp* a redhead!








With a bright red Jacquard skirt being a statement piece of its own design, I like to keep jewelry and make up simple. My husband purchased these stunning rose gold plated earrings [Shown Below] as a stocking stuffer last Christmas. I simply adore them!







I love pairing it with a strappy black heel with a bow for an ultra feminine look, shown below.






(Photo Cred: B. Campbell)

Shown Above:
TOP:  Express (similar) // SKIRT: White House Black Market (discontinued) // SHOES (BLACK): White House Black Market (similar) // EARRINGS: Dillards (similar)



Here are a few other ways you can incorporate red hot style to your wardrobe:


















 Get out of your comfort zone. Ignore those silly voices in your head. Like me, you might just be glad you did!




Is there any topic you hope to see covered on XOXO, Rachelle? I would love to hear from you, leave a comment below!




No comments:

Post a Comment