Monday, November 23, 2015

Chalkboard Charger Plates: Place Setting Tutorial

Remember those charger plates from my tablescape post?
Well, they're back! This time with a new makeover.



I am so excited to show you how to make easy and affordable charger place settings that you can use all year round. 




Preparation //
Like I said, in my tablescape post, I purchased these gold chargers from the Dollar tree for, duh, a dollar. I also went to hobby lobby and purchased a small container of chalkboard paint. I already had small brushes at home that I use for acrylic painting, if you don't have that you will either want to pick one up or if you have a sponge brush that will work also.






One // (Shown above):
Follow the instructions for your specific chalkboard paint. Mine says to first brush vertically and then, once dried, apply another coat horizontally. Allow paint to dry 24 hours.








Two // (Shown above):
Once chalkboard paint has dried completely, you will want to "cure" your chalkboard. This is done by dragging a piece of chalk horizontally across your charger until all of the chalkboard paint is covered. Once you have completely covered your chalkboard paint with chalk, erase the markings. 





Three // (Shown above):
Now for the fun part! Drawing your designs. I chose to use a permanent chalkboard pen to write my family's names.. Simply because whenever I host a dinner, they will most likely be there. The other 3 I left blank so I can write in my guest's name when they come to visit.

I love the idea of creating something incredibly charming and personable while being easy and affordable to do.






Tell me some of your Thanksgiving traditions. I would love to hear about them in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment